Saturday 25 January 2014

DANCE AND CONNECT WITH THE DIVINE


EMBRACE THE UNIVERSE WITHIN YOU...DANCE WITH PASSION IN YOUR HEART AND NATURAL RHYTHM IN YOUR BODY! AND…YOU WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING ELSE… BUT THE DIVINITY!

Have you ever got lost in dance? Dancing is an attribute, performed in whatever way, can connect you with the divine. The quest for spiritual enlightenment and inner peace can be reached ideally when we balance our loftier pursuits and pay equal attention on our physical plane of existence. We spend every single moment of our life in our physical bodies and we have often heard people saying “the body is temple of our soul”. We all know the importance of physical exercise and proper nutrition for a healthy and stress free life. One such exercise is dance which not only keeps us fit and healthy but can be used as a wonderful tool that affirms our basic joys. Dancing can be used as a way to express our new levels of consciousness.

The deepest desire of our body and soul is to follow the spiritual path. Dancing expresses our feelings and emotions and is a great medium through which we can touch the universal energy. So, what are you waiting for, just put on your dancing shoes and let us be one with the cosmos.
Many cultures have different types of dance forms associated with them. There are many spiritual teachings that have a strong and firm belief in dance. Many spiritual teachers have also laid a great emphasis on dance as a form of meditation. There are infinite and inherent possibilities through which we can advance on our spiritual path and dance is just one way out. Read on and find for yourself if your passion for dance can help you reach your elevated spiritual goals.

One should dance, to praise and pay gratitude to the universe. Sometimes when you want to thank the universe or let the supreme power understand your appreciation, words or prayers just do not suffice. Put on your favourite music and let your body move in ecstatic appreciation. Praising the divine by dancing does not require any special skill, just enjoy the way universe confirmed your faith. The universe would join you and celebrate the way you move.

Dance can also be a form of meditation. Practicing certain precise body movements helps us in exploring the depth of meditation. One needs to explore what movements and actions he or she enjoys and channelize his or her energy. Even simple walking can be meditative walking. Being aware of the moment and presence in the time is required. Slowing down and observing your movements and paying attention on the minute details of your body sensations will be an entirely different experience.

My friends who know me since childhood know my passion towards dance. I loved to dance though never knew why it made me feel ecstatic and blissful. However, with time I lost touch with this passion and the desire to dance faded with time. I felt as if I had completely forgotten how to dance. Recently, I was talking to one of my dear friend and a wonderful clinical hypnotherapist, Avinash about passion. The discussion made me ponder on to what is my passion in life and I was kind of completely clueless about it. I decided not to stop till I don’t find it. Soon I understood that one thing which I enjoy from my heart is to dance. I never had to discover my passion, it was there in me but I was not acknowledging it. Soon, I was again dancing for myself and it helped me in connecting with my core, my Being and that motivated me to write this article.


Whenever we are dancing, we maximize our body’s potential and it’s a great way to praise the universe. When we connect on a spiritual plane through dancing, the rhythmic movements of the body become a gateway to unite with the divine

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ma'am. As per my personal experience and being a passionate dancer, dance is not just about a kind of work out. It brings a mental clarity and emotional stability in our life. I still remember whenever during my exams, i used to feel tensed or any kind of mental disturbance. My best solution to all the problems was always dance. Dancing on my favorite track and allowing my soul to express myself in the best way.It truly describes our feelings and brings the best out of us. We don't need to be a perfect one, just a honest and a funfilled creature within ourselves can do the magic. .Looking forward for some more on the same as its one of my favorite topic. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete